Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 15th: The Man Who Knew Too Much

Okay guys, so my internet has been awful so all of my posts are ending up late and I'm sorry. Still watching and posting though, so be patient for me?

My mother, as I may or may not have mention, works at a boarding school for wayward girls. Well, the school's motto is "Everything Happens For a reason" which is just another way of saying God knows what he's doing. Well, the couple in the movie I saw on June 15th I really think proves this.

In 1934 Alfred Hitchcock had The Man Who Knew Too Much make its debut. The movie is about Bill and Jill Lawrence as they're vacationing with their daughter. While Jill is dancing with a friend at a party, He's shot (And NOBODY NOTICED). The couple finds out he was a French spy, and as he dies he gives them specific information. Now, because of knowing this information, the assassins kid-napped the Lawrence's daughter. The couple must come up with a plan hat not only get's their daughter back, but greatly affects the mission of their friend and the assassin's (Which with Hitchcock could mean anything) . What makes the film is the creepy performance of Peter Lorre who is the assassin's head dude.

The movie was redone later, the only movie that Hitchcock ever re-did, and he did it with Mr. James Stewart, one of my more favorite actors, the dude in It's A Wonderful Life and Dorris Day. Apparently the two films are very different, and I'm looking forward to seeing the remake.
The movie is Questionable for children from mild violence.



The movie is in one piece at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBTzgYuo6GU&feature=related

The Flick Chick, Signing off until my other entiry posts (hopefully the next 10 minutes)

gothic girl in the rain Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment