Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 16th: Coalminer's Daughter


This is the latest movie I've watched for the Project yet (Sorry my posts are so late, by the way, really awful internet, but I have been watching). Anyways, This movie barely made the cut, being made in 1980, but when you watch it it does NOT look 30 years old. The film quality is to amazing for that.

The Coal Miner's Daughter came out, like I said, in 1980, and stars Sissy Spasek, who we'll probably see in another movie later on. The story is that of a Loretta Lynn, one of the first real woman country singers. The movie takes more than two hours to go over her interesting romance with the husband she got at 14, Moony, who is played by Tommy Lee Jones (K in Men In Black, and as I just figured out, Hank in Love Story). Their romance is both good and bad as Mooney helps her with her becoming a big country star, but he is very controlling. Aside that, this story shows Lynn on her hard way to become famous, the friends she gains, and well, shows her become a spoiled brat and be okay again at the end.

The film Is really very cute and kept my attention the whole time I reccomend it fully.

I'm gunna try and get all those posts up today, wish me luck!

The Flick Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment