Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19th: The Trouble With Angels

I live in a house of Movie and book lovers, so both collections are rather impressive. I found this one while looking around, and both of my parents recommended it. I feel like I have to much to say about this movie.

Well, When I was in my more rebelious years, everything I did or said gave my mother reason to threaten to send me to a convent so the nuns could fix me. Now I know where that Idea came from. The Trouble With Angels came out in 1956 in Black and white but is now available in stunning color.
The story is of the mini adventures that take place at St. Francis Academy after Mary Clancy (Hayley Mills) and her friend Rachel are sent to a boarding school run by Reverend Mother (Rosalind Russel), a nun proven to be tougher than any teenage girl.
Now we all know Hayley Mills as the cute little girl from the original Parent Trap, and the direction in this movie is similar, but her same charm is defiantly put through.
Mary us a high spirited trouble making rebel and knows it, causing trouble for all three years she spends after her uncle sends her to be 'shaped up'. After arriving she meets Rachel, who carries on as her evil minion, but with a very clumsy and Goofy character that she tries to hide while trying to be special.
Both girls wind up in all kind of trouble, quickly becoming known for it. The movie is PG, and really adorable. Its a little lengthy at 2 hours, but completely darling in every way. Defiantly great for teenagers.
Heres just a tiny tidbit that I could find, sadly there's not much more on YouTube.





This is an amazing movie and a treat for the summer.

The Flick Chick, Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment