Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28th: All About Eve




Dear Readers, I found my bad review. Well, This movie stars Bette Davis as Margo, an actress on Broadway. Bette Davis really is just an old movie actress, but you may know her now from the hit song Bette Davis Eyes. The movie came out in 1950, but I can't explain to you any plot. Basically, a Younger girl adores Margo, seeing every show of every play she's in. After Margo meets the girl, Eve, they hit it off and Eve becomes her assistant.

After a while, Margo notices that Eve continues copying her more and more, and Eve even makes moves at her husband, and gets a huge part she wanted in a friends play. All this is is Eve being an evil, devious person, clawing her way over people because she seemed so shy and polite. Margo is portrayed as the witch on stage until the end, where Eve is found out.


I fell asleep. Well, nearly. This movie did nothing but waist two hours of me life. The only thing that intrigued me at all was the few soliloquies (Long speeches made by characters talking to themselves), about how theater is for the outcasts, not every other person who wants to be noticed. Though this gets raving reviews and awards, it sucks. It really bored me to tears.





P.S. New York again


Remember, Anyone can be a jerk on stage; Takes an outcast to really pull it off

No comments:

Post a Comment