Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 21st: Gentleman Prefer Blonds





Gentleman Prefer Blonds came out in 1953 Starring Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russel in a Musical thats about an hour and a half long with only six songs. The movie is VERY old time comedy, telling the story of two showgirls on their trip to Paris. The movie is only rated R due to topic matter, and also was rated in the 50's when that kind of thing was much more strict than it is now.

Anyways, the movie is simply the shenanigans that these two very different best friends get into. Lorelei (Monroe) is a complete bubble head, who really doesn't know much of anything at all except that she loves money and diamonds. She is EXTREMELY popular because of her looks and gelable nature. Dorthy (Russell) is much less popular, and is just looking for a good piece of meet, but in the mean time parties around with guys who really just wanna see Monroe.





This movie is really Hilarious, which I didn't expect from a Monroe film, and the music is very tolerable. Its a simple 50's styler that includes Monroe's Break Out song, Diamonds are A Girls Best Friend.


I know this movie can be pieced together on YouTube, I know, but otherwise I'd just scan TV.

Well, my project has brought me to England, the end of the world, New York, Paris, London, Ireland, and now Paris again, so I think its going well just yet. by the end of the summer I'll have seen the whole world.

This is the Chick Of Flicks, Signing off, and remember, Diamonds are a girls best friend



No comments:

Post a Comment